Corris Institute Hall / Room Hiring Agreement
These conditions apply to all Hall / Room hiring at the Corris Institute. If the Hirer is in any doubt as to the meaning of any of the following the Corris Institute Trustee Board (hereafter called the “Management Committee”) representative should be consulted.
A good neighbour policy is in operation so noise should be kept to an appropriate minimum level.
Terms and Conditions of Hall / Room hire
1. The Hirer, being a person of 18 years of age or over, hereby accepts responsibility for being in charge of and on the premises at all times of the hire, and for ensuring that all conditions of this Agreement are met.
2. The Hiring Agreement constitutes permission only to use the premises at the agreed time and confers no tenancy or other right of occupation on the Hirer.
3. The Hirer shall not use the premises for any purpose other than that described in the Hiring Agreement.
4. The Hirer shall comply with all conditions and regulations made in respect of the premises by the Local Authority. The hirer shall comply with the Institute’s Health and Safety policy.
5. The Hirer shall, during the period of the hiring, be responsible for supervision of the premises, its fabric and contents and the behaviour of persons using the premises as part of the Hiring Agreement. As directed by the Management Committee representative the Hirer shall make good or pay for all damage (including accidental damage) to the premises or to fixtures, fittings or contents and for loss of contents if such shall occur. This also includes costs caused by injury to persons using the Hall / Room in the period of booking.
6. No alterations or additions may be made to the premises nor may any fixtures be installed or placards, decorations or other articles be attached in any way to any part of the premises without the written approval of the Management Committee. The hirer shall, in particular, ensure that highly flammable substances are not brought into, or used in any part of the premises and that no internal decorations of a combustible nature (e.g. polystyrene, cotton wool) shall be erected without the consent of the Management Committee. No decorations are to be put up near light fittings or heaters.
7. The Hirer shall ensure that no additional heating appliances shall be used on the premises without the written consent of the Management Committee.
8. The Hirer shall familiarise herself / himself with the following before the hire period commences-
That fire doors are not wedged open.
How to evacuate the Hall / Room / Institute.
Escape routes and the need to keep them clear.
How to call the Fire Brigade in the event of a fire.
The location and use of fire equipment.
And the Hirer should check that exit signs are illuminated.
9. The hours of hiring must include time for preparing the hall for the event and for clearing up afterwards. The Hirer is responsible for leaving the premises in a clean and tidy condition, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise by the Management Committee representative and any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions properly are replaced, otherwise the Corris Institute shall be at liberty to make an additional charge. The Corris Institute accepts no responsibility for any stored equipment or other property brought on to or left at the premise after the duration of the hire. All such equipment and other property left at the end of each hiring may have fees charged until the same is removed. Items left for longer than a month without prior agreement will become the property of the Institute.
10. If you propose to sell or use alcohol at your event, you are responsible for acquiring the legal licence and abiding by the Licensing Authority regulations. Alcohol shall not be served to any person suspected of being drunk nor to any person suspected of being under the age of 18.
11. The Hirer shall, if preparing, serving or selling food observe all current food health and hygiene legislation and regulations.
12. The Hirer shall ensure that any electrical appliances brought by them to the premises match current regulatory standards.
13. The Hirer shall ensure that nothing is done on or in relation to the premises in contravention of the law relating to gaming, betting and lotteries.
14. The Hirer must report all accidents happening in the hire period to a member of the Corris Institute Management Committee as soon as possible and complete the relevant section in the Corris Institute’s accident book. Certain types of accident or injury must also be reported to the local authority – that is the Hirer’s responsibility. Any failure of equipment belonging to the Corris Institute must also be reported as soon as possible to the Management Committee.
15. The Hirer shall ensure that no animals except support dogs are brought into the premises, other than for a special event agreed to by the Management Committee. No animals whatsoever are to enter the kitchen at any time.
16. The Hirer shall ensure that activities for children under eight years of age comply with the current provisions of the Children Act and shall ensure that only fit and proper persons will supervise. If not a family party then the Hirer shall ensure that only fit and proper persons will supervise who have passed the appropriate Criminal Records Bureau (DBS). DBS checks may also apply where children over eight and vulnerable adults are taking part in activities. The Hirer shall provide the Corris Institute management committee with a copy of their DBS checks and Child Protection Policy on request.
17. The Hirer shall, if selling goods on the premises, comply with Fair Trading Laws and any code of practice used in connection with such sales.
18. Children shall be restricted from viewing age-restricted films classified according to the recommendations of the British Board of Film Classification. Hirers should ensure that they have the appropriate copyright licences for film.
19. If the Hirer wishes to cancel the booking before the date of the event then reimbursement will at the discretion of the Corris Institute Management Committee.
20. The Corris Institute Management Committee reserves the right to cancel this hiring by notice to the Hirer as it deems fit – possible reasons are:
the premises being required for use as a Polling Station,
the Management Committee considering a hiring will lead to a breach of licensing conditions or other legal or statutory requirements, or unlawful or unsuitable activities will take place at the premises as a result of a hiring,
the premises becoming unfit for the use intended by the Hirer,
an emergency requiring use of the premises as a shelter.
In such cases the Hirer may be entitled to a refund of any deposit paid, but the Corris Institute shall not be liable to the Hirer for any resulting direct or indirect loss or damages whatsoever. If the Hirer flyposts a forthcoming event at the Institute this will mean cancelation of the event with no return of any money paid.
21. In consideration of the agreed hire fee the Corris Institute agrees to permit the Hirer to use those parts of the premises for the purpose described and for the period described on the booking form so long as the terms and conditions of hire are met.
22. The Hall Committee, or their authorised representatives, have right of access to all parts of the Hall at all times, including during periods of hire.